The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Polls

Notices

Polls They say the stats never lie! Place your polls here and discover whether your behaviour and opinions are mainstream or on the fringes of extreme perversion.

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for in General Election 2016?
PAP 43 21.08%
Opposition Party with only strong candidates 27 13.24%
Any Opposition party 110 53.92%
I don't know / Voting is secret even in sbf 24 11.76%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 25-02-2015, 09:28 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 187 / Power: 17
The Stalker is a Helpful and Caring SamsterThe Stalker is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: GE2016 (Non sex related)

I hope when LKY is gone, PAP will have internal splits. Then, the real show begins....
Old 26-02-2015, 01:03 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 2 / Power: 0
mmult is Cool - loads of Potential

At risk of being a PAP dog and getting flamed by samsters here, I want to make a few comments with regards to politics in Singapore...
  1. The poll results in sbf are not indicative of the political opinions of Singaporeans in general. I believe that we (Samsters) represent a very niche demographic. I don't want to make any guesses here, but it's probably young/middle-aged working class citizens.
  2. Even if PAP does not have absolute majority (> 50% of population voting for them), it is possible to carve electoral districts to obtain the majority in terms of seats in parliament. This process is known gerrymandering. I don't think the redrawing of district lines are illegal in Singapore, as they usually are legal in other countries.
  3. To form a government (and appoint ministers into the Cabinet) the party must win more than 50% of the seats. Using recent elections as data points, no single opposition party has contested more than 50% of the seats in parliament. This means that PAP will likely form Singapore's government even after 2016. For the opposition to take their place, all opposition parties must win in the districts that they intend to contest, and then form a coalition government (also an unlikely event). If the parliament is unable to form a government, parliament will dissolve and once again we will have another round of elections.
  4. The reason why opposition parties don't contest more than 50% of the seats in parliament is unknown, but if I have to speculate, it will probably be because they know that they are not ready to form a government. Go to their rallies and read their campaign materials and you will see the same narrative over and over again: to perform a check on the government. This is really sad because our political scene is not mature enough - all thanks to the PAP's machinery of recruiting people directly from civil service.
  5. I can generalise the government into 2 main categories: internal (Home Affairs, Transport, Manpower) and external (Foreign affairs, Defence, Trade and Finance, etc). Most of us here are unhappy with all things internal (our crowded MRTs, or our jobs getting snatched away by FTs), and that is what the opposition always argue about in parliament. However we very seldom hear the opposition arguing about issues that classify as external: Why are we sending our medics to aid in the Middle East? Why do we have Free Trade Agreements with XXX country? (Honestly I don't even know what foreign issues we really have because this is usually not discussed in parliament, or reported in the news unless it's good). The reason for this either one of the following or both: Opposition do not currently have the experience and knowledge to debate and analyse such issues, or PAP is doing an ok job in these aspects and don't need debating.

Having said all these things, I do hope that Samsters will show their support to opposition parties not because they think they can form the government but for something closer to them.

Honestly I don't agree with what the PAP is doing. My ideal scenario will still be that the PAP remain in government, but I'd like them to feel more scared about their livelihood. I don't like that they can pass bills on a whim (like that public alcohol ban). For internal issues like who gets to manage my constituency I generally don't care.

Please don't zap me.... pretty please?
Old 26-02-2015, 01:24 AM
Samster (B)

My Reputation: Points: 489 / Power: 0
Soul_Reaper is a glorious beacon of lightSoul_Reaper is a glorious beacon of lightSoul_Reaper is a glorious beacon of lightSoul_Reaper is a glorious beacon of lightSoul_Reaper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana81sg View Post
agree. i think mostly 2 group of pp will vote pap. the older generation n the rich. for the middle class varies.

hope to hear more comments from bros.

cheers
Now got one more group.... the "new" citizens.
Old 26-02-2015, 10:20 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 9350 / Power: 17
Greenfrog has a reputation beyond reputeGreenfrog has a reputation beyond reputeGreenfrog has a reputation beyond reputeGreenfrog has a reputation beyond reputeGreenfrog has a reputation beyond reputeGreenfrog has a reputation beyond reputeGreenfrog has a reputation beyond reputeGreenfrog has a reputation beyond reputeGreenfrog has a reputation beyond reputeGreenfrog has a reputation beyond reputeGreenfrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Reaper View Post
Now got one more group.... the "new" citizens.
I think there might be a fourth group... women
Old 01-03-2015, 10:29 PM
Samster

The Stalker is a Helpful and Caring SamsterThe Stalker is a Helpful and Caring Samster

it's interesting. sg is one of the few countries in the world that legalized prostitution and yet most samsters want pap to lose the election
Old 03-03-2015, 11:47 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 285 / Power: 12
Wintermelontea is one of the Best!Wintermelontea is one of the Best!Wintermelontea is one of the Best!

I wish to see more opposition parties members being more professional to take on the pappies.

The last round with WP n pappies...i quote "Nobody wants to work for me (WP)..." is sadly the case.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:43 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 10 / Power: 0
Gtech deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

i believe in 51%-49% PAP and opp structure and i dun mind letting opp manage my estate since it has already got all the facilities required.

it is not going to be end of the world if opp win, if they sucks just vote them out after 5 years...no big deal.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:49 AM
Samster (B)

My Reputation: Points: 131 / Power: 0
TheHustler deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyTheHustler deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

I hope this coming GE I will get an opportunity to vote. Me old man oredi and never got chance to cast my vote all these years due to walkover every GE.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:22 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHustler View Post
I hope this coming GE I will get an opportunity to vote. Me old man oredi and never got chance to cast my vote all these years due to walkover every GE.
ya too many walkovers. time to takeover
Old 11-03-2015, 11:14 PM
Samster (B)

My Reputation: Points: 247 / Power: 0
Lizarre is a Helpful and Caring SamsterLizarre is a Helpful and Caring SamsterLizarre is a Helpful and Caring Samster

When is the GE?
Old 13-03-2015, 10:17 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizarre View Post
When is the GE?
LSL is in this forum. PM him
Old 14-03-2015, 12:53 PM
Samster (B)

My Reputation: Points: 267 / Power: 0
Azitho is one of the Best!Azitho is one of the Best!Azitho is one of the Best!

Walau the opposition party so strong in here!
Old 16-03-2015, 01:38 AM
Samster (B)

My Reputation: Points: 148 / Power: 0
Zamri deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyZamri deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

My greatest wish is to see the actual GE results mirror this poll.
Old 21-03-2015, 04:20 PM
Samster

Probably old man can't see NPD SG 50?

Condition from bad to worse....
Old 30-03-2015, 11:53 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 12704 / Power: 25
topcook1 has a reputation beyond reputetopcook1 has a reputation beyond reputetopcook1 has a reputation beyond reputetopcook1 has a reputation beyond reputetopcook1 has a reputation beyond reputetopcook1 has a reputation beyond reputetopcook1 has a reputation beyond reputetopcook1 has a reputation beyond reputetopcook1 has a reputation beyond reputetopcook1 has a reputation beyond reputetopcook1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stalker View Post
Probably old man can't see NPD SG 50?

Condition from bad to worse....
True he cant see SG 50
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1