View Single Post
Old 28-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 5740 / Power: 23
dc7176 has a reputation beyond reputedc7176 has a reputation beyond reputedc7176 has a reputation beyond reputedc7176 has a reputation beyond reputedc7176 has a reputation beyond reputedc7176 has a reputation beyond reputedc7176 has a reputation beyond reputedc7176 has a reputation beyond reputedc7176 has a reputation beyond reputedc7176 has a reputation beyond reputedc7176 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Transportation

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer888 View Post
For ferry tix from hkia to shekou, just get it at the transfer desk. No issues on that one. Land in hkia, go to the transfer desk and book the next available tix, then make your way over to the ferry terminal. From the desk to the ferry terminal will take less than 15 mins.

From shekou to hkia, it's preferable u book in advance. 2hrs before your flight is more than sufficient but the guys at the counter will probably force you to get a 3 hrs buffer. The ferry journey itself is about 30mins but there are delays sometime. For jetstar, sq and cx, u can check in your luggage at the ferry terminal and it gets transferred to your flight. Pls note that if your flight back is via Tiger airways, you are not allowed to take the direct ferry to hkia. Going via Shenzhen bay would be best for tiger flights.

No diff on 1st class tix and the others. Hardly worth it. Think u get the upper deck on some ferries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries3288 View Post
No need to book in advance, just go to the ferry ticketing counter to purchase your ticket when you arrive. If you do not have check in baggage, you can catch the next departing ferry. If you have check in baggage, you can still take the ferry. No need to clear HK immigration to claim your bags. The ferry operator will collect your baggage tag and retrieve the bags on your behalf and load them onto the ferry. You will be given a new baggage tag together with your ferry ticket.

Since time is needed for the ferry operator to retrieve your bags and load them onto the ferry, there must be at least one hour time before the ferry departure schedule. No restriction on airlines, they will be able to retrieve bags from any airlines so long as the above procedure can be done.
After goin thru Shenzhen bay thru many many times by car, this time wanna try the ferry route thru shekou. Anymore advise to add on from seniors here??

After I arrived at shekou from hkia, I can buy my return trip ticket in advance right?? so if my flight back is 2030 hrs, I juz buy the 1830 ferry.

Proud Member of SBF Tiko Club

dc's Wellness Spa

Retired from cheonging... Up in mountain!!